December 30, 2005 - December 23, 2005
Wednesday, December 28, 2005
apocalyptic prognosticators had their usual great year.
. It's been an
exciting and traumatic 12 months. So many things happened that it's doubtful
any of us remembers them all. That's why we thought it would be a
public service to review the more spectacular predictions of psychics
and seers that came true in 2005 (h/t aspie,
and other dogged futurists on the web.)
For example, do you remember:
1. How sad it was that the shuttle was unable to land safely last
2. The outbreak of a U.S. civil war so violent that it became like a
continuous series of Waco/Ruby Ridge incidents? (time
traveller John Titor
3. The long dreaded reestablishment of the draft by the war mongers in
the Bush administration? (Sean
4. The deaths of Saddam Hussein (just before his trial) and Osama bin
5. The numerous volcanic eruptions thoughout the year? (Gordon
6. How wonderful it was that Pope John Paul II was cured of his bout
with illness in April? (Father
7. The manipulation of oil prices that prevented gas from rising more
than $0.50/gal in 2005 despite the numerous terrorist attacks on U.S.
8. The conviction of Michael Jackson for various crimes? (Brando
9. How New York won the right to host the 2012 Olympics? That was way
10. And, oh yeah, how about the terrible stock market crash and the way
George Bush left office before year end? (Kent Boxberger
Well, even if you don't remember all that, some of the stuff they
predicted happened -- bad weather, continued evil deeds by the Bush
administration, more deaths in Iraq, as well as ups and downs in the
stock market and the economy. On the whole an impressive year for a set
of folks who all failed utterly to predict 9/11. We tried to find more
evidence of accurate 2005 predictions from solid performers like Psychic Fred
Kim O'Neill, Lona
Holland, and Michelle Avanti
, and Evelyn
, but they appear to have moved on already to the new year.
If we can find out what the gang is foretelling for 2006, we'll be back
at you with it soon. So you can get ready. For all the stuff that's
certain to happen. Next year.
Friday, December 23, 2005
. If the
last minute rushing around gets too hectic, you can always come here,
put your feet up, and restore your spirits in front of a crackling
fire. Of course, you'll have to do it alone because we won't be here.
We've got some rushing around of our own to do during the next few
days. But we'll be back after Christmas Day. We hope all of you have a
joyous holiday celebration.
Back to Archive Index